Brede, Broad Oak & Udimore Election
INTRODUCING MARTIN GRIFFITHS
I am excited to be standing as the LibDem candidate for Brede, Broad Oak and Udimore in the forthcoming Rother District Council by-election. It is called in sad circumstances and I extend my condolences to Jonathan Johnson's family and thank him for his years of service to the community.
The role of a district councillor is to be a strong voice on behalf of the whole community. If elected I will listen to your concerns and work to make the community a better place.
I will be visible in the community so you know who to talk to. I will always take an active part in discussions and decision-making at the Council and will work with Council officers on your behalf.
All about Martin
- Lives locally in Three Oaks
- Semi-retired business advisor following a 30-year management career with barristers chambers
- Member of Guestling Parish Council and Three Oaks village hall committee
I know from experience how important it is to protect services in rural areas. I want to make sure public money is invested in our villages to maintain and improve services, and that council attention is not focused entirely on urban areas.
VOTE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT ON 16TH JUNE VOTE FOR MARTIN GRIFFITHS
LIBERAL DEMOCRATS ON ROTHER DISTRICT COUNCIL
After the Independents, the Liberal Democrats are the largest party group within the Rother Alliance that controls the District Council. Three of the most experienced councillors are Lib Dems and we hold three of the Cabinet posts. Liberal Democrat councillors also represent neighbouring wards to Brede, Broad Oak and Udimore. If elected I will call on their knowledge and experience for your benefit and give you a voice in the decision-making at Rother.
The current council is committed to putting residents at the heart of all that it does. Amongst its many successes it has:
- reduced the delays in processing planning applications,
- taken steps to deal with the scourge of fly-tipping,
- paid out £150,000 in Community Grants in 2021 & set up the Rother Lottery to take this further.
- called a Climate Emergency, and put climate considerations at the centre of all Rother does.
- cancelled a £330,000 contract, agreed by the previous Tory administration, to revamp Camber car park and got the job done for £46,000.
Having more Lib Dem representation on Rother Council will ensure we can push these and other similar initiatives forward. Together we can continue to improve our communities.
Many of the issues that I have noticed and people have raised with me are problems at the County level - Highways in particular. Speeding, visibility, potholes and the poor state of pavements and kerbs come up time and again. I will work with my Lib Dem colleagues on the County Council to hold the Tory administration to account and to resolve these issues.
Vote LibDem for Brede, Broad Oak and Udimore on 16th June VOTE FOR MARTIN GRIFFITHS
Published & promoted by Martin Griffiths on behalf of Martin Griffiths at Holly Cottage, Butchers Lane, Three Oaks, East Sussex TN35 4NH. Printed by Fastprint, 4-6 Gensing Road, St. Leonards-on-Sea, TN38 0ER.